For the beginner:
- Learn how to control the watercolor medium while exploring spontaneity.
- Create flowing, vibrant color mixtures.
- Learn how to set up your color palette.
- Learn which colors are the most transparent, the most staining, and the most intense.
- Create resist areas with masking fluid.
- Explore the "wet-on-wet" technique.
- Know your brushes and the variety of brush strokes available to you.
- Paint a beautiful watercolor by the end of your first class.
For the intermediate and advanced student,
learn watercolor techniques such as:
- Making colors pulsate.
- Achieving luminous grays.
- Understanding color values.
- Getting the most from darks.
- Creating subtle blushes of white.
- Balancing simple and complex areas in composition. Layering with glazes. . .and much more.